Penelope Cruz: Motherhood is 'revolutionary'
Penelope Cruz thinks becoming a mother was ''revolutionary''.
The 'To Rome With Love' actress - who has 20-month-old son Leonardo with her husband Javier Bardem - claims motherhood completely changed her as a person from the very first second her son was born.
The 38-year-old beauty told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''From the first second, you feel so much in love. It is a revolutionary experience.
''That's the best way I can describe it. It transforms you completely, in a second.''
However, the sexy Spanish star is adamant she won't be signing any magazine deals with her actor husband to show off their young son because the couple are determined to protect his privacy.
Penelope scoffed: ''I'm 100 percent against that. Children aren't a handbag. I want my son and my kids - if I have more - to grow up in a way that is as anonymous as possible.
''The fact that his father and I have chosen to do the work we do doesn't give anybody the right to invade our privacy.''
Penelope - who wed Javier in 2010 after dating a string of A-listers including Tom Cruise and Matthew McConaughey - says her life is much easier since she started a family as she has learnt to take time off and reduce her workload.
The actress said: ''I was a workaholic and used to work on three or four movies every year, but I was always tired. Now I think I have a more healthy equilibrium.''14-09-2012
- EastEnders' Lauren Branning to be arrested - 22 May 2013
- Starlings series two to air in July - 22 May 2013
- Amelia Lily: Sharon's X Factor return is 'genius' - 22 May 2013
- Geri Halliwell has no Viva regrets - 22 May 2013
- Drew Barrymore selling Californian mansion - 22 May 2013
- Ke$ha slammed for drinking urine - 22 May 2013
- Kim's pregnancy lips are 'outta control' - 22 May 2013
- Emmerdale star Richard Thorp dies - 22 May 2013