1. Any time Phil becomes Clive Bixby
Phil’s sexy business man alter-ego for fantasy trysts with wife Claire is Clive Bixby, who designs high-end electro-acoustic transducers/is an international spy. He comes complete with turtle neck and “Hello, my name is…” sticker.
2. Gloria's Columbian-isms
By all accounts, the feisty, passionate Columbian had a hard upbringing that left her quite the bad-ass.
3. That time Cam danced at a toddler playgroup
Wam, bam. Thank you, Cam.
4. Claire's slightly psychotic enthusiasm for Halloween
She once put a man in hospital, you know…
5. The moments we wished Phil were our dad…
From goofy dancing to awkward parental advice, Phil Dunphy epitomises every time you ever cringed at your dad for trying to be cool.
6. The episode when Gloria learned to ride a bike
Like Bambi on a bike on ice.
7. That time when Cam “sleep-clowned”
Incidentally, Phil is afraid of clowns. As he explains “My mother says it’s because when I was a kid, I found a dead clown in the woods, but who knows?”
8. Phil’s Philosophies
Other motivational messages include: “Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail” and “If you love something, set it free… unless it’s a tiger”
9. That time Phil got auto-tuned
Would buy. Would listen.
10. And any time Cam gets a little theatrical…
“Why does drama keep following me everywhere I go?”
11. Every time Phil made a non-filtered faux pas
That man really should say things in his head first…
12. Manny’s style
That kid knows a thing or two about dressing with panache, not to mention how to work some great marker pen facial hair.
Haley’s clueless on-off boyfriend Dylan is a brooding musician. And with sweet songs like this, which teenage girl wouldn’t be besotted with him?
14. Any time Cam and Lily play dress-up
That’s Cam’s theatricality at work again.
15. Luke’s brain. Just WOW
Phil: “Some people ask ‘why’. Luke asks ‘Why not?’”
Claire: “I ask why a lot.”
16. That broken step in the Dunphy house…
Phil WILL get round to fixing it eventually…
Recommended for you