Franz Ferdinand: Franz Ferdinand (2003)
Let's face it, skinny blokes with angular haircuts have been making post-punk music since the dawn of time, so whilst Franz Ferdinand's 2003 debut doesn't exactly reinvent the wheel, it does do exactly what it says on the tin. Namely, make young girls dance around their handbags by creating deliciously addictive pop tunes, which are suffused with the kind of archness many of their imitators would give their right arms for.
More on Franz Ferdinand
Also in Music
- Pet Shop Boys' Killer track
- Ed Sheeran's midnight recording with Hilary Duff
- Metallica to release 27 albums
- Iggy Azalea has a 'heart of gold', says Rita Ora
- Sam Smith to perform at Vevo Halloween party
- Mel B: Geri shortened the Spice Girls
- Paul Weller plans Motown record
- Sharon Osbourne blasts U2's new record
- Kasabian promise heavy album
- Blondie headline iTunes Festival
- Lady Gaga 'touched' by Sam Smith's note
- U2 criticised for devaluing music
- Beyonce and Jay Z recording together?
- Kanye West and Lorde are 'set to collaborate'
- Catfish and the Bottlemen's FIFA 15 dream