Franz Ferdinand: Franz Ferdinand (2003)
Let's face it, skinny blokes with angular haircuts have been making post-punk music since the dawn of time, so whilst Franz Ferdinand's 2003 debut doesn't exactly reinvent the wheel, it does do exactly what it says on the tin. Namely, make young girls dance around their handbags by creating deliciously addictive pop tunes, which are suffused with the kind of archness many of their imitators would give their right arms for.
More on Franz Ferdinand
Also in Music
- Tony Bennett 'steered' Lady Gaga to 'quality'
- New Frank Sinatra album set for November
- Britney Spears to work with Ed Sheeran?
- Ed Sheeran treats fans to Everybody at iTunes Festival
- U2 '70 per cent' done with 14th album
- Queen set for Glastonbury?
- Snoop to play Alaska show to thank them for legalising weed
- Nicki Minaj to host MTV EMA
- Noel Gallagher announces charity Q and A
- Labrinth: I'm the pioneer of the hat
- Queen and Adam Lambert announce UK tour
- Pink Floyd's 'emotional' new album
- Usher to tour UK and Europe
- Thriller to get 3D release
- Pete Doherty stops stage hallucinations