Franz Ferdinand: Franz Ferdinand (2003)
Let's face it, skinny blokes with angular haircuts have been making post-punk music since the dawn of time, so whilst Franz Ferdinand's 2003 debut doesn't exactly reinvent the wheel, it does do exactly what it says on the tin. Namely, make young girls dance around their handbags by creating deliciously addictive pop tunes, which are suffused with the kind of archness many of their imitators would give their right arms for.
More on Franz Ferdinand
Also in Music
- FKA Twigs added to Way Out West line-up
- Grace Jones announces memoirs release
- John Legend makes '50-80 songs' per album
- Britney Spears hits back at Iggy Azalea
- Foo Fighters returning to stage
- Nicki Minaj wants to work with One Direction
- Judge Jules didn't recognise Nick Frost
- Drake wows crowd at Wireless Festival with show-stopping performance
- Adam Lambert: 'There's less ego in my music'
- Yes bassist Chris Squire dies
- The Who close Glastonbury 2015
- Nicki Minaj brought mum onstage for BET Awards win
- Chemical Brothers: Electronic music 'all sounds the same'
- Lionel Richie parties at Glastonbury
- Mike Posner has no musical regrets