Franz Ferdinand: Franz Ferdinand (2003)
Let's face it, skinny blokes with angular haircuts have been making post-punk music since the dawn of time, so whilst Franz Ferdinand's 2003 debut doesn't exactly reinvent the wheel, it does do exactly what it says on the tin. Namely, make young girls dance around their handbags by creating deliciously addictive pop tunes, which are suffused with the kind of archness many of their imitators would give their right arms for.
More on Franz Ferdinand
Also in Music
- Jade Thirlwall and Collabro's Jamie Lambert were singing pals
- Hozier and Saoirse Ronan team up for Cherry Wine video
- Kanye West fan predicts new album title The Life of Pablo
- Dame Shirley Bassey, Elvis Costello and Will Young star at Henley Festival
- Gwen Stefani to make first ever live music video at the Grammys
- Little Mix's BRITs drinking plan for Rihanna
- Sir Paul McCartney invents audio Mojis with Skype
- Little Mix: Our song has helped 'loads' of our gay fans come out
- Collabro: Simon Cowell has the last say on our albums
- Kanye West reveals new album title
- Adam Lambert had to insure for voice for £30m
- Professor Green promises new music 'very soon'
- Elton John working on new The Killers LP
- Gwen Stefani hints at heartbreak album
- Barry Gibb for Glastonbury Festival?