Tom Jones was almost Bond
Sir Tom Jones almost landed the role of James Bond.... "I think it came from Cubby Broccoli, who was the man in charge, of course, and he said when my name was put forward, 'Tom Jones is so recognisable as Tom Jones - he's a character, he's become this singer with a big character.
More on Tom Jones
With Prince William having finally got round to proposing…
Welsh crooner Tom Jones showed off what an awesome…
In the end, the Beeb bagged her best pal…
Also in Music
- Ray and Dave Davies work together
- Boy George's cancellation disappointment
- Take That for BBC Music Awards
- Ellie Goulding and John Newman for British Summer Time
- will.i.am: Current music is dated
- Angus and Malcolm Young closer after dementia diagnosis
- Adele helped by Damon Albarn
- Bombay Bicycle Club think band name is 'silly'
- AC/DC's Phil Rudd late to court
- Wilko Johnson being cancer-free is 'tricky
- Brits Critics' Choice Award nominees announced
- Sinead O'Connor blasts Band Aid 30 critics
- Coldplay unveil interactive video
- Kanye West to quit music?
- Nikki Sixx picks own song for funeral