Jai McDowall rejected by X Factor
Jai McDowall was dumped from the Boot Camp stage of 'The X Factor' last year.
The Scottish singer - who won 'Britain's Got Talent' on Saturday night (04.06.11) - decided to change his musical style in the hope of impressing judges Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, Michael McIntyre and David Hasselhoff on the ITV1 show following his past disappointment.
He explained: "I was doing a different style then - more pop and country-ish. In the end the judges didn't think I was right. The style of singing didn't really show off my full potential so that's why they didn't think I was suitable for a pop singing contest.
"It gave me a taste and made me realise I really want to do this. I was either going to go back and try 'X Factor' again or give this a shot. I love singing show songs so I thought I'd give that a try for this audition. I think it helped that opera is a very emotional type of music."
The 24-year-old star also admitted he is hoping to use his newfound fame to collaborate with fellow Scot and 2009 'Britain's Got Talent' runner-up Susan Boyle.
Jai told The Sun newspaper: "I'd love to do a duet with Susan Boyle. She's such a nice person and she's a Scotswoman so how amazing would that be?"06-06-2011
- Steven Ugoalah thinks he's going to be a millionaire
- Jess Wright dumps Ricky over flirty messages with other woman
- Neil Gaiman to write Doctor Who for Peter Capaldi?
- Gemma Merna for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here
- Sue Johnston wants more roles for women
- Lynda Bellingham 'would be thrilled' with best seller
- Claire Danes would make an 'abysmal' CIA agent
- Kara Tointon splits from Artem Chigvintsev