Roxanne Pallett's 'awkward' Waterloo Road kiss
Roxanne Pallett found it ''awkward'' kissing George Sampson on 'Waterloo Road'.
The 29-year-old actress - who plays 17-year-old Shelby Dixon in the BBC One series - admits the 18-year-old star (Kyle Stack) was ''more calm'' than she was despite it being his first ever onscreen kiss when the two characters had to smooch on the show.
Speaking at the exclusive Cadbury Unwrap Gold launch party in London's Shoreditch last night (12.04.12), she exclusively told BANG Showbiz: ''I'm playing a 17 year old with an alcohol problem but in real life I'm a 29 year old who doesn't drink.
''I've kept in touch with George Sampson. I would love to work with him again. It's never comfortable being introduced to somebody and then half-an-hour later you have to strip off in front of them.
''It was awkward being surrounded by 35 crew members and it was George's first screen kiss, but he was more calm than I was. We are pals now and we just laugh about it.''
Roxanne - who starred as domestic abuse victim Jo Sugden in ITV1 soap 'Emmerdale' for three years - loves getting ''hard hitting storylines'' and admits she would be ''bored'' if she didn't get the chance to play such versatile roles.
She added: ''I always get the hard-hitting storyline and it's an actor's dream to get something that is so emotional and gritty.
''I'd be bored if I was just playing a person who walked into the shop and bought a loaf of bred. I love playing such versatile roles.''
Cadbury Unwrap Gold is giving people the chance to instantly win a pair of tickets to the London 2012 Olympic or Paralympic Games, plus accommodation & travel, by finding a gold voucher in limited edition Cadbury packs.13-04-2012
- Stevi Ritchie and Chloe Jasmine planning honeymoon to Mauritius
- Cheryl Fernandez-Versini wouldn't welcome Louis Walsh's return
- Charley Webb 'enjoyed' labour
- Cadbury's launch new campaign to find new Milk Tray Man or Woman
- Rylan Clarke pleads with Cheryl Fernandez-Versini to sing at his wedding
- Strictly Come Dancing: Craig Revel Horwood was 'too soft' last year
- Bobby Norris wishes Gemma Collins the best
- David Harewood to play next James Bond?