Beavis and Butt-Head devised in five minutes
'Beavis and Butt-Head' was devised in five minutes.
The cartoon - about the titular pair of crude, unruly teenage boys - has returned to MTV for its first series since 1997 and creator Mike Judge can't believe that something he devised in the 90s has come so far.
Explaining how the show started, he said: ''It started as two drawings, where I was trying to draw the same guy. One of the drawings eventually became Beavis, and the other one became Butt-head. I just saw a quality in them that I thought was funny, so I exaggerated that.
''I started making animated shorts and coming up with different ideas, so I looked at these guys and wanted to do something with them.
''I actually went for a walk, and thought of the names and what the first short was going to be - I came up with it all in five minutes.''
Mike finds most people he works with on scripts try to make the characters too clever, and he has to dumb them down, but admits it is not easy material to write.
He added: ''I'll find that a lot of the time, I'll be working with writers who are getting too clever where Beavis and Butt-head wouldn't be smart enough to say something like that.
''I'm usually able to find a way to make it work, though. It's kind of tricky, and definitely harder than it looks. A lot of people - especially when it first came out - thought, 'Oh, that's a dumb show. I've had dumb ideas, too, so I should be writing for this.' And it's really not as easy as it looks. It is part of the challenge.''
'Beavis and Butt-Head' next airs on MTV UK on Monday (30.04.12) at 10pm.27-04-2012
- Bruce Forsyth wants Gangnam Style dance week on Strictly
- Spencer Mathews expects Millie departure
- Kym Lomas wants to be an icon
- Coronation Street enjoys triumphant British Soap Awards
- Louis Walsh: Loose cannon Sharon Osbourne could save X Factor
- Binky Felstead: Made in Chelsea men need to grow up
- Coronation Street is big winner at British Soap Awards
- Jennifer Metcalfe won't wear a bra at British Soap Awards