Phillip Schofield depressed about turning 50
Phillip Schofield was depressed about turning 50.
The 'This Morning' presenter - who hit the landmark age earlier this month - admits his wife Steph stopped him from seeing any cards with the number on because he has a ''problem'' with the ageing process.
He said: ''I asked my wife Steph to vet all my birthday cards. Any with 50 on I did not see. I didn't want to know.
''I hate birthdays. I have a real problem with ageing and reaching 50 has bothered me for years. I hate ticking off the years. It depresses me and reminds me that life is too short.''
Phillip has been working in the showbiz industry since a young age when he presented 'Going Live!' and starred in musical 'Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat', and he admits he sees his role as a host as just what he does ''for a living''.
He added to the Daily Mirror: ''When I walk out of the studio and head home I think to myself, 'It's done,' I don't need flattery.
''Being a TV presenter is not a big deal with my family and friends. It's a job I love but I do it for a living.
''I was shy as a teenager and I'm still shy. I hate going to things without Steph. It's torture.''30-04-2012
- Helen Flanagan wears sexy Santa outfit to back PETA campaign
- Sarah Lancashire joins drama Happy Valley
- EastEnders' Mick shocked to find out son is gay
- Sharon Osbourne to launch Sam Bailey in US
- Dancing On Ice line-up revealed
- Benedict Cumberbatch 'worried' about Sherlock return
- Mark Wright nearly knocks out John Bishop in celebrity match
- Laura Whitmore: Kian's teamwork clinched I'm A Celeb win