The Voice tour dates cancelled
'The Voice' UK tour has been cancelled.
The BBC One talent show's eight finalists - winner Leanne Mitchell and runners up Bo Bruce, Vince Kidd, Becky Hill, Max Milner, Jaz Ellington, Tyler James and Ruth Brown - were due to perform around the country but many dates have been axed due to poor sales.
Ticket website GetToTheFront confirmed: ''The Voice UK dates in London, Manchester, Newcastle, Birmingham and Aberdeen have been cancelled, tickets to be refunded.''
Though 'The Voice' - which saw will.i.am, Jessie J, Sir Tiom Jones and Danny O'Donoghue coach the acts - had a strong start on TV with over 11 million viewers, they had dropped to less than five million by the semi-final stage and insiders think the shows could be a disaster as even rival programme 'Britain's Got Talent' - which posted higher ratings - had to cancel last year's tour because of poor ticket sales.
A source recently said: '''Britain's Got Talent' had to admit defeat and pull the plug on the live tour in 2011 because the tickets hadn't sold - and their ratings were higher and more consistent than The Voice's.''
This year, 'Britain's Got Talent' did not have an accompanying tour.
- Spencer Matthews: I want to be biggest TV villain
- Ben Daniels joins The Paradise
- Simon Cowell bored of TV talent shows
- Gary Lineker's brother Wayne joins TOWIE
- Helen Flanagan admits 'shoplifting'
- Jack P. Shepherd and fiancée expecting second child
- Big Brother plans 'summer of hell'
- Simon Cowell 'dreading' Britain's Got Talent live finals