The Voice tour dates cancelled
'The Voice' UK tour has been cancelled.
The BBC One talent show's eight finalists - winner Leanne Mitchell and runners up Bo Bruce, Vince Kidd, Becky Hill, Max Milner, Jaz Ellington, Tyler James and Ruth Brown - were due to perform around the country but many dates have been axed due to poor sales.
Ticket website GetToTheFront confirmed: ''The Voice UK dates in London, Manchester, Newcastle, Birmingham and Aberdeen have been cancelled, tickets to be refunded.''
Though 'The Voice' - which saw will.i.am, Jessie J, Sir Tiom Jones and Danny O'Donoghue coach the acts - had a strong start on TV with over 11 million viewers, they had dropped to less than five million by the semi-final stage and insiders think the shows could be a disaster as even rival programme 'Britain's Got Talent' - which posted higher ratings - had to cancel last year's tour because of poor ticket sales.
A source recently said: '''Britain's Got Talent' had to admit defeat and pull the plug on the live tour in 2011 because the tickets hadn't sold - and their ratings were higher and more consistent than The Voice's.''
This year, 'Britain's Got Talent' did not have an accompanying tour.
- Gaz Beadle plans 'ultimate reality show'
- Shane Richie finds Christmas filming strange
- Nicole Scherzinger to sing with Sam Bailey?
- Rough Copy voted off 'The X Factor'
- Ashley Taylor Dawson booted off 'Strictly'
- Lucy Pargeter voted off I'm A Celebrity
- Melanie Sykes reportedly splits from husband
- Joey Essex to launch reality TV show?