EastEnders to screen live labour
'EastEnders' is to screen a live birth during an Olympics special next week.
The BBC soap will air a seven-minute live segment on July 23, when the Olympic torch arrives on the set, and during the segment, Lola Pearce will have her baby.
Her granddad Billy Mitchell (Perry Fenwick) will be carrying the torch in Albert Square when he learns Lola (Danielle Harold) is in labour and he dashes to her side after handing over the flame.
A source said: ''No one has tried anything like this on 'EastEnders' live before, so it is a challenge to get the emotion right. It will be the toughest thing Danielle has done in her career.''
Meanwhile, Danielle says she hopes her 16-year-old alter-ego helps other teenage mothers.
The 20-year-old actress said: ''Teenage pregnancy is a big issue. I've got friends who've had babies young, so I've seen what they've been though and how hard it is. Lola's been ignoring the fact that she's pregnant up till now, but she's starting to get a bit nervous.
''I want to make sure all teenage mums out there don't feel this story has been portrayed in a bad way. Lola's strong and she thinks she can do anything she wants. I hope she'll be a good mother to her baby.''
- Spencer Matthews: I want to be biggest TV villain
- Ben Daniels joins The Paradise
- Simon Cowell bored of TV talent shows
- Gary Lineker's brother Wayne joins TOWIE
- Helen Flanagan admits 'shoplifting'
- Jack P. Shepherd and fiancée expecting second child
- Big Brother plans 'summer of hell'
- Simon Cowell 'dreading' Britain's Got Talent live finals