Matt Smith wants Corden for Doctor Who return
Matt Smith wants James Corden to return to 'Doctor Who'.
The actor - who is the 11th star to play the Time Lord - was joined by the funnyman for the series five episode 'The Lodger' and last year's 'Closing Time' and Matt would love to work with James again, if the Tony Award winner can find time.
Referring to James' recent award win for 'One Man, Two Guv'nors' and becoming a father for the first time, Matt told Entertainment Weekly magazine: ''We'd love him to return, but he's pretty busy being a Tony award-winning actor on Broadway and having a baby. But we'd love to get James back.''
Matt also revealed his excitement at coming up against his favourite villains in new episode 'Asylum of the Daleks'.
He said: ''[It's] wonderful, because I got to meet my favourite Daleks, which are actually from [Patrick] Troughton's era, I think. They're the sort of pale blue and whitey ones. They're a bit smaller actually. I think they're groovy! I mean, we've got every Dalek that exists in the world.
''They are frightening. But you can't help but go, 'God, there's 20 Daleks in a room moving around me!'''28-07-2012
- Melanie McCabe backs Sam Bailey for X Factor win
- Rebecca Ferguson sick before X Factor performance
- Julie Hesmondhalgh: filming last Corrie scenes was 'upsetting'
- Chloe Sims wants Joey Essex and Amy Willerton romance
- Simon Cowell mocks Demot O'Leary in musical
- Sam Bailey gets advice from Ozzy Osbourne
- Abbey Clancy hoping for Stoke City backing on Strictly
- Lacey Turner to return to EastEnders