Claire King lands Hollyoaks role
Claire King is to appear as a prison governor in 'Hollyoaks'.
The former 'Emmerdale' actress will be keeping a watchful eye on Mitzeee (Rachel Shenton), who is currently in the slammer for allegedly stabbing Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe).
Mitzeee faces problems with her cell mate and Mercedes' mother Myra (Nicole Barber Lane) is transferred into her prison.
Commenting on her new role, she said: ''It's great to go back to my soap roots and work with the talented team at Hollyoaks. Rachel and Nicole Barber Lane were fantastic to work with and I really enjoyed filming the dramatic prison scenes.''
Keen fans may note it is the third time Claire - who has also appeared in 'Bad Girls' - has starred in the Channel 4 soap; she played Andrea Mason QC in the series in 2005 and Stella in 'Hollyoaks: In the City' a year later.
Claire will appear for the first time as the prison governor on August 8, and will be in two episodes.02-08-2012
- Sheridan Smith and Angela Rippon win at Women in Film and TV Awards
- Melanie McCabe backs Sam Bailey for X Factor win
- Rebecca Ferguson sick before X Factor performance
- Julie Hesmondhalgh: filming last Corrie scenes was 'upsetting'
- Chloe Sims wants Joey Essex and Amy Willerton romance
- Simon Cowell mocks Demot O'Leary in musical
- Sam Bailey gets advice from Ozzy Osbourne
- Abbey Clancy hoping for Stoke City backing on Strictly