Claire King lands Hollyoaks role
Claire King is to appear as a prison governor in 'Hollyoaks'.
The former 'Emmerdale' actress will be keeping a watchful eye on Mitzeee (Rachel Shenton), who is currently in the slammer for allegedly stabbing Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe).
Mitzeee faces problems with her cell mate and Mercedes' mother Myra (Nicole Barber Lane) is transferred into her prison.
Commenting on her new role, she said: ''It's great to go back to my soap roots and work with the talented team at Hollyoaks. Rachel and Nicole Barber Lane were fantastic to work with and I really enjoyed filming the dramatic prison scenes.''
Keen fans may note it is the third time Claire - who has also appeared in 'Bad Girls' - has starred in the Channel 4 soap; she played Andrea Mason QC in the series in 2005 and Stella in 'Hollyoaks: In the City' a year later.
Claire will appear for the first time as the prison governor on August 8, and will be in two episodes.02-08-2012
- Michelle Collins shocked by Stella decisions
- Emma Willis sought Brian's blessing
- Lucy Mecklenburgh heading to Hollywood?
- Bruce Forsyth wants Gangnam Style dance week on Strictly
- Spencer Mathews expects Millie departure
- Kym Lomas wants to be an icon
- Coronation Street enjoys triumphant British Soap Awards
- Louis Walsh: Loose cannon Sharon Osbourne could save X Factor