Doctor Who creation drama planned
Mark Gatiss is making a drama about 'Doctor Who' to celebrate its 50th anniversary.
The 45-year-old writer and actor - who has previously written for the series and starred in it - revealed on twitter he is in the process of creating a programme about how the show was conceived in 1963 and tell the story of its creators.
He said: ''One day, I shall come back''. Thrilled to announce I'm writing a long-cherished drama about the creation of 'Doctor Who'! (sic)''
The show - which currently stars Matt Smith as main protagonist the Doctor - is currently in its seventh modern series, and the special show, entitled 'An Adventure In Space And Time' will air on BBC2 in 2013.
Matt recently promised the 50th anniversary will be celebrated in a ''glorious and monumental way''.
He said: ''It's a stroke of luck that I get to be the incumbent Doctor for the 50th anniversary, because I don't think there will be a bigger year for 'Doctor Who'.
''We want to mark it in the most glorious and monumental way possible. We want to do 50 years - and everyone that's been associated with the show - justice.''10-08-2012
- Michelle Collins shocked by Stella decisions
- Emma Willis sought Brian's blessing
- Lucy Mecklenburgh heading to Hollywood?
- Bruce Forsyth wants Gangnam Style dance week on Strictly
- Spencer Mathews expects Millie departure
- Kym Lomas wants to be an icon
- Coronation Street enjoys triumphant British Soap Awards
- Louis Walsh: Loose cannon Sharon Osbourne could save X Factor