Reality shows race to sign Team GB heroes
Reality TV shows are in a race to sign up Britain's Olympic heroes.
'Strictly Come Dancing', 'I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!' and 'Dancing On Ice' are locked in a war to cast stars including cyclists Bradley Wiggins and Elizabeth Armitstead, sailing star Ben Ainslie, gymnast Beth Tweddle and swimmer Rebecca Adlington, who all wowed at the London Olympic Games.
A BBC source told The Sun newspaper: ''Our priority is to secure as many London 2012 medal winners for this series of 'Strictly' as possible. We want to get some big sporting names on board.''
An ITV insider added: ''It's war between the rival shows to get the biggest Olympic names signed up and smash their rivals out of the water.
''The nation has fallen in love with the Games and the most popular athletes have shot to the top of the celeb target lists.''
Meanwhile, new judge and professional ballerina Darcey Bussell is doing a crash course in ballroom dancing so she can impress fans when she joins the panel for new series.
A source said: ''Darcey is a high profile signing for the BBC. They don't want her getting tripped up by not knowing what she's talking about.''10-08-2012
- Rough Copy want Boys II Men success
- Jimi Mistry slims for Corrie
- Tom Daley: It was love at first sight
- Steve Davis voted off I'm A Celebrity
- Spencer Matthews in lifestyle overhaul
- Matthew Wright's jungle boredom
- Shane Richie predicts Alfie and Mick friendship
- Lucy Mecklenburgh quits The Only Way is Essex