Reality shows race to sign Team GB heroes
Reality TV shows are in a race to sign up Britain's Olympic heroes.
'Strictly Come Dancing', 'I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!' and 'Dancing On Ice' are locked in a war to cast stars including cyclists Bradley Wiggins and Elizabeth Armitstead, sailing star Ben Ainslie, gymnast Beth Tweddle and swimmer Rebecca Adlington, who all wowed at the London Olympic Games.
A BBC source told The Sun newspaper: ''Our priority is to secure as many London 2012 medal winners for this series of 'Strictly' as possible. We want to get some big sporting names on board.''
An ITV insider added: ''It's war between the rival shows to get the biggest Olympic names signed up and smash their rivals out of the water.
''The nation has fallen in love with the Games and the most popular athletes have shot to the top of the celeb target lists.''
Meanwhile, new judge and professional ballerina Darcey Bussell is doing a crash course in ballroom dancing so she can impress fans when she joins the panel for new series.
A source said: ''Darcey is a high profile signing for the BBC. They don't want her getting tripped up by not knowing what she's talking about.''10-08-2012
- X Factor 2013 judging panel confirmed
- Al Murray planning Pub Landlord film
- Millie Mackintosh to quit Made in Chelsea?
- David Beckham wanted for Dancing on Ice
- Coronation Street to be rocked by race scandal
- Sarah Beeny wants Dolly Parton renovation
- Jennifer Lopez to guest perform on Britain's Got Talent
- Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian wanted for I'm A Celebrity