Lauren Goodger quits TOWIE for Dancing On Ice
Lauren Goodger is leaving 'The Only Way is Essex' to join 'Dancing On Ice'.
The 25-year-old star - who is best known for her relationship with former co-star Mark Wright - will make her final appearance on the show tonight (22.08.12), and hopes to launch her media career further by appearing on the ITV1 reality series.
A source said: ''Lauren knows she is not an integral part of 'TOWIE' anymore, so she's decided to jump ship.
''An opportunity to 'Dancing On Ice' came along and she's jumped at the chance. But ITV are really strict about 'TOWIE' people doing other shows where they are treated as celebs, so she can't do both. She hopes the public will see a different side to her on 'Dancing On Ice' and that she will be able to launch a career off the back of it.''
Lauren has been inspired after watching her ex Mark present a spin-off show of ITV1's 'Take Me Out' and appear in his own - widely panned - series 'Mark Wright's Hollywood Nights', as well as 'I'm A Celebrity'.
The source added to The Sun newspaper: ''She's watched Mark pick up telly work after he quit and did 'I'm A Celebrity'. She's keen to do the same.''
A spokesperson for the show confirmed: ''Lauren will take a break and won't appear in the next series.''22-08-2012
- Sharon Osbourne to launch Sam Bailey in US
- Dancing On Ice line-up revealed
- Benedict Cumberbatch 'worried' about Sherlock return
- Mark Wright nearly knocks out John Bishop in celebrity match
- Laura Whitmore: Kian's teamwork clinched I'm A Celeb win
- Amy Childs, Sinitta to take part in The Jump
- Luke Friend frustrated by Rough Copy exit
- Beauty School Cop Outs stars come to blows