Tom Daley signs up for X Factor
Tom Daley has signed up to appear on 'X Factor'.
The 18-year-old diver - who won a bronze medal at the Olympic Games in London earlier this month - has agreed to take part in a special Olympic Week on the show alongside Jessica Ennis and Mo Farah, and ITV bosses are delighted as Tom will work well with their core audience of young girls.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''All the athletes are keen to be involved. But Tom is the keenest by far and he makes a really good match for 'X Factor's core audience of teenage girls.
''Tom is great on the telly and he'd really like to get involved in all the live shows in some way. Ideas being kicked about at the moment include making him a roving reporter. He could take the contestants out and about to film or be their personal trainer. He's keen to work with Dermot, he reckons he's the best in the business.''
Jessica - who has also professed a desire to work in fashion - previously said she would love to be involved because she is a big fan of the talent search show.
She said: ''I'm a massive fan of 'X Factor'. I think it's a great idea.''27-08-2012
- Michelle Collins shocked by Stella decisions
- Emma Willis sought Brian's blessing
- Lucy Mecklenburgh heading to Hollywood?
- Bruce Forsyth wants Gangnam Style dance week on Strictly
- Spencer Mathews expects Millie departure
- Kym Lomas wants to be an icon
- Coronation Street enjoys triumphant British Soap Awards
- Louis Walsh: Loose cannon Sharon Osbourne could save X Factor