Tom Daley signs up for X Factor
Tom Daley has signed up to appear on 'X Factor'.
The 18-year-old diver - who won a bronze medal at the Olympic Games in London earlier this month - has agreed to take part in a special Olympic Week on the show alongside Jessica Ennis and Mo Farah, and ITV bosses are delighted as Tom will work well with their core audience of young girls.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''All the athletes are keen to be involved. But Tom is the keenest by far and he makes a really good match for 'X Factor's core audience of teenage girls.
''Tom is great on the telly and he'd really like to get involved in all the live shows in some way. Ideas being kicked about at the moment include making him a roving reporter. He could take the contestants out and about to film or be their personal trainer. He's keen to work with Dermot, he reckons he's the best in the business.''
Jessica - who has also professed a desire to work in fashion - previously said she would love to be involved because she is a big fan of the talent search show.
She said: ''I'm a massive fan of 'X Factor'. I think it's a great idea.''27-08-2012
- Darcey Bussell regrets Strictly Come Dancing scoring
- Mark Wright: Michelle Keegan leaving Corrie with a 'bang'
- Hayley Tamaddon's soap pain
- Helen Flanagan wears sexy Santa outfit to back PETA campaign
- Sarah Lancashire joins drama Happy Valley
- EastEnders' Mick shocked to find out son is gay
- Sharon Osbourne to launch Sam Bailey in US
- Dancing On Ice line-up revealed