Matt Smith's Wild West adventure
Matt Smith says that he felt like Clint Eastwood filming the upcoming 'Doctor Who' episode.
The actor, who plays the Doctor, filmed this weekend's (15.09.12) episode, 'A Town Called Mercy', on the edge of Spain's Tabernas desert in Fort Bravo and enjoyed the change of scenery as it reminded him of the Wild West.
He told the Radio Times: ''I love westerns and when you look at the history, this is where they were all made.
''I rode my horse up the main street in the town yesterday and felt like Clint Eastwood.''
The dust streets and wooden buildings have played host to many classic Western films, including Clint's 'A Fistful of Dollars' and 'The Good, The Bad, The Ugly'.
'A Town Called Mercy' will see the Doctor land in the middle of an ancient crossfire of conflict between a cyborg killer and an alien fugitive as well as struggling with a moral dilemma.
Karen Gillan - who plays the Doctor's assistant Amy Pond - was also happy with the different theme.
She added: ''I do have a bit of a gun moment in this. But then Amy has had a few gun moments.
''I'm thinking now she knows how to use a gun. Which is going to be fun because we're in the Wild West and I'm going to look like I know what I'm doing.''15-09-2012
- Alan Fletcher signs up for Celebrity Big Brother
- EastEnders Janine Butcher to mow down David Wicks?
- Rylan Clark excited to work with Carol McGiffin
- George Lamb helping homeless at Christmas
- Lucy Mecklenburgh parties with TOWIE pals at Christmas
- Jenna Coleman: I'll miss Matt Smith
- Simon Cowell to change X Factor rules?
- Jorgie Porter in tears after Hollyoaks exit