David Walliams happy with Simon on BGT
David Walliams is glad people saw a different side of Simon Cowell on 'Britain's Got Talent' this year.
The comedian joined the panel of the show alongside Alesha Dixon in 2012, and he admits he was glad he could make notorious curmudgeon Simon laugh during the live finals.
He said: ''I think it was nice to see him laughing. Form the start of 'BGT', I knew he'd be a good person for me to bounce off. And people love people to see someone in a high position being sent up a bit.''
Despite claims he was told off by producers for being too risqué, David - who replaced comedian Michael McIntyre on the series - believes they actually enjoyed his naughty behaviour.
He said: ''There were stories that the producers were furious with me, but they weren't.
''If they had been angry, they would have sacked me and replaced me with Nicole Scherzinger or someone.''22-10-2012
- Jake Quickenden's 'inner beauty'
- Simon Cowell defends Nick Grimshaw hiring: 'No one knew who I was'
- The Voice don't want X Factor 'cast-offs'
- Peter Capaldi: New series of Doctor Who has epic sweep
- Michelle Keegan 'fantastic' in first film role
- Sinitta ready to The Voice if Simon axes her from X Factor
- James Jordan and Jasmine Lennard check out of Big Brother Hotel
- Simon Cowell wants Olly and Caroline to create se-X Factor