David Walliams happy with Simon on BGT
David Walliams is glad people saw a different side of Simon Cowell on 'Britain's Got Talent' this year.
The comedian joined the panel of the show alongside Alesha Dixon in 2012, and he admits he was glad he could make notorious curmudgeon Simon laugh during the live finals.
He said: ''I think it was nice to see him laughing. Form the start of 'BGT', I knew he'd be a good person for me to bounce off. And people love people to see someone in a high position being sent up a bit.''
Despite claims he was told off by producers for being too risqué, David - who replaced comedian Michael McIntyre on the series - believes they actually enjoyed his naughty behaviour.
He said: ''There were stories that the producers were furious with me, but they weren't.
''If they had been angry, they would have sacked me and replaced me with Nicole Scherzinger or someone.''22-10-2012
- Simon Cowell wants to produce leaders' debate
- Sweden win Eurovision Song Contest 2015
- Mark Wright and Michelle Keegan's £1m wedding
- Gary Barlow: Nick Grimshaw could find it hard to juggle X Factor job
- Calum Best blamed himself for father's death
- Reggie Yates hopes Fearne Cotton has more children
- Adjoa Mensah evicted from 'Big Brother'
- Fearne Cotton bids goodbye to BBC Radio 1