David Walliams happy with Simon on BGT
David Walliams is glad people saw a different side of Simon Cowell on 'Britain's Got Talent' this year.
The comedian joined the panel of the show alongside Alesha Dixon in 2012, and he admits he was glad he could make notorious curmudgeon Simon laugh during the live finals.
He said: ''I think it was nice to see him laughing. Form the start of 'BGT', I knew he'd be a good person for me to bounce off. And people love people to see someone in a high position being sent up a bit.''
Despite claims he was told off by producers for being too risqué, David - who replaced comedian Michael McIntyre on the series - believes they actually enjoyed his naughty behaviour.
He said: ''There were stories that the producers were furious with me, but they weren't.
''If they had been angry, they would have sacked me and replaced me with Nicole Scherzinger or someone.''22-10-2012
- Prince Charles pays tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- Coronation Street's Helen Worth 'delighted' by Tina O'Brien return
- Chloe Sims felt 'suffocated' by Elliot Wright
- Thom Evans 'plans to launch acting career'
- Ben Haenow plans to propose
- Gemma Collins quits TOWIE
- Miranda Hart announces end of BBC sitcom
- Tina O'Brien returning to Coronation Street