James Arthur 'hated' beating Ella in X Factor vote
James Arthur ''hates'' the fact he went through on 'The X Factor' ''at the expense'' of Ella Henderson.
The budding singer went through to next week's show after winning the public vote against the 16-year-old wannabe on Sunday (18.11.12) - sending her crashing out of the competition - and he's still reeling from the news.
Speaking at a fundraiser for the Amy Winehouse Foundation last night (21.11.12), he said: ''It hasn't really sunk in, at some point I expected to be in the bottom two, but never did I think I'd be against someone like Ella.
''She should've been in the final - I hate the fact that it's me that went through at the expense of Ella. But I'm obviously encouraged by the fact that I got the public vote.
''I think it should have been her out of the bottom two - it should have been me and someone else.''
Despite Ella's surprise eviction from the show - which sees James, Rylan Clark, Jahmene Douglas, Christopher Maloney and Union J still in the competition - the singer isn't worried about her, as she has such a bright future and promising career ahead of her.
He added: ''She's really strong, she was obviously disappointed but she knows she's going to have a great future because she's got a million people around her, her family are really supportive and she's brilliantly talented so I have no worries about her.''
A host of famous faces showed their support for the Amy Winehouse Foundation's first fundraiser, held at the Dorchester hotel in London last night (20.11.12).21-11-2012
- Jamie Laing doesn't want to get back with Jess Woodley
- Kathy Beale return inspired by real life insurance scam
- Ricky Rayment arrested in Brighton
- Kasabian's Serge Pizzorno's 'This Is England '90' role
- Carol Vorderman fears being shot over Middle East
- Farrah Abraham leads CBB eviction nominations
- Stephen Bear wouldn't fancy fat Vicky Pattison
- Brian McFadden 'flirted' with Ann Widdecombe