Angela Griffin: Corrie is harder now
Angela Griffin believes 'Coronation Street' must have got ''harder'' since she starred on it.
The 36-year-old actress and TV presenter - who appeared on the ITV1 soap as hairdresser Fiona Middleton between 1993 and 1998 - believes the programme's filming schedule must have got much more rigorous as the cast film more episodes each day.
She said: ''I think it's changed since I was in there. I think it must have got harder or maybe because I was young when I was in it, it didn't kind of bother me as much. But, yeah, it was just work, wasn't it? You went to work five days a week, and you worked 12 hour days.
''It has changed; they film five episodes now, whereas when I first started they only did three episodes. When we were going to be doing four, all I thought was, 'Yes, more money. An extra episode to film, brilliant'.''
The brunette beauty - who fronts Sky1's 'Emergency with Angela Griffin' - admits she is still happy to be associated with 'Coronation Street' despite leaving more than a decade ago.
When asked if she ever gets annoyed when people associate her with the soap, she replied: ''I don't know, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, I've got to say. I'm quite proud of it. I'm really proud of what I did when I was there and I'm proud of the fact that people do actually still remember me from it, because it's like 15 years ago when I left. I quite like the idea that I must have made an impression and people still remember me.''22-11-2012
- Paul Hollywood tried to get Mary Berry arrested
- Rochelle and Marvin Humes haven't rowed since presenting This Morning
- Coronation Street mini-bus crash
- Louise Thompson wants to go on date with Eminem
- Simon Webbe wanted Blue competition on Strictly Come Dancing
- X Factor plan shock elimination
- Miquita Oliver: I'll weep if Bieber cleans up at 4Music awards
- Ricky Rayment taking a break from Twitter