Nadine Dorries out of I'm A Celebrity
Nadine Dorries insists she isn't ''disappointed'' to be first voted off 'I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!'.
The 55-year-old MP - who found herself in the bottom two of the first public vote with Eric Bristow - was proud to have lasted two weeks in the jungle because conditions were so tough.
She told presenters Ant and Dec: ''I'm not disappointed. When you've been starving for two weeks you can't be disappointed. I don't think the public understands how hardcore it is - it's hard, hard, hard.''
And Nadine admitted she was amazed she managed to eat an ostrich anus and a lamb's testicle during a Bushtucker Trial.
She said: ''I would never have thought I would eat any of those things in a million years.''
Despite facing criticism for her decision to go on the show, Nadine - who tipped boxer David Haye to be crowned King of the Jungle - thinks it was an important move and encouraged other politicians to follow in her footsteps.
She said: ''We MPs and anyone in public life need to go where people are. More people vote on 'The X Factor' and 'I'm A Celebrity' than in the general election.
''I was slightly self-important in the first few days, and I've come from a council estate so never thought I was like that but I was.
''I think there should be an MP in there every year.''22-11-2012
- Paul Hollywood tried to get Mary Berry arrested
- Rochelle and Marvin Humes haven't rowed since presenting This Morning
- Coronation Street mini-bus crash
- Louise Thompson wants to go on date with Eminem
- Simon Webbe wanted Blue competition on Strictly Come Dancing
- X Factor plan shock elimination
- Miquita Oliver: I'll weep if Bieber cleans up at 4Music awards
- Ricky Rayment taking a break from Twitter