Rylan Clark: I felt ready to leave The X Factor
Rylan Clark ''felt ready'' to leave 'The X Factor' last night (25.11.12).
The wannabe singer, who was mentored by Nicole Scherzinger, lost a sing-off against last remaining group Union J with his rendition of Athlete's 'Wires', but admits he is ''proud'' of his time on the show and pleased the competition didn't change him as a person.
He said: ''I felt so ready to go last night ... I really did. I've just had such an amazing time and I'm really, really proud. I said I wanted to finish the same person I started and I have and I think I went out on a real high last night and I loved it.''
Rylan, 23, has been seen as a controversial contestant in this year's competition after his vocals were often been criticised by judge Gary Barlow and a number of Twitter users, but the Essex-born singer is still interested in pursuing music despite the negative reaction from viewers throughout the series.
Speaking on ITV1's 'This Morning', he added: ''I would want to do music and I think I proved last night that I can stand there and sing and I would love to do dance music and summer tunes and stuff like that, but TV would be an amazing thing as well.
''Whatever people want me to do I would love to do as long as I'm enjoying it, that's all I wanna do.''
Only four contestants remain in the competition following Rylan's departure - Christopher Maloney, Jahmene Douglas, Union J and James Arthur.
Judge Tulisa and Pink will be taking to the stage to perform during next week's semi-final results show on Sunday (02.12.12).26-11-2012
- Sir David Attenborough turned down Sir Terry Wogan for a job
- Coronation Street's Carla Connor hit with twisted blackmail plot
- Christopher Biggins to quit pantomime
- Gogglebox's George Gilbey to become a dad
- EastEnders' Ben Mitchell hit with baby bombshell
- Jake Wood named UK's Weirdest Crush for second time
- Ollie Locke to film top secret show in South America
- Hannah Spearritt has 'amicable' relationship with ex Paul Cattermole