Coronation Street's Tina 'frightened' of life without Tommy
Coronation Street's Tina McIntyre is ''frightened'' when Tommy Duckworth leaves her over her surrogacy.
The feisty barmaid has fallen pregnant with friends Izzy Armstrong (Cherylee Houston) and Gary Windass' (Mikey North) baby after offering to be a surrogate due to the wheelchair-bound brunette's health problems, but after locals assume Tommy (Chris Fountain) is the baby's father he asks his girlfriend to abort the pregnancy.
Michelle Keegan, who plays Tina, said: ''[Tommy] basically asks Tina to have a termination, and she's really upset about it.
''She feels that Tommy doesn't understand her intentions, and why she's doing it in the first place. She doesn't want to go through everything on her own, so the prospect of being without Tommy is very frightening.
''But she knows she can't back out now.''
After nosy gossip Norris Cole (Malcolm Hebden) informs the whole street of Tina's pregnancy and the brunette beauty's ex-boyfriend David Platt (Jack P. Shepherd) tells Tommy she had a termination during their former relationship, the mechanic decides the only option left is to leave his girlfriend.
Michelle added to Inside Soap magazine: ''Tina is so hurt when Tommy leaves, but she simply won't let Izzy and Gary down. It's not even about the money any more - she knows now how much this baby means to them.
''Tina's mind is made up. She has strong morals at the end of the day and is doing this for selfless reasons. But she knows it's going to be an uphill climb ...''29-11-2012
- Louis Smith explicit video reportedly sold online
- Sheridan Smith loved becoming a pop star for Cilla role
- Alesha Dixon struggling to juggle motherhood and work
- Joanne Froggatt parties in Ibiza
- Craig Charles picked up from Coronation Street set in helicopter
- Jack Whitehall: Judy Murray has an 'ageless beauty'
- John Bardon has died aged 75
- Harry Derbidge axed from The Only Way Is Essex