Ben Price bruised in Corrie brawl
Ben Price was left bruised after filming a fight with 'Coronation Street' co-star Chris Gascoyne.
The 40-year-old actor's soap alter ego Nick Tilsley is on the receiving end of a punch from love rival Peter Barlow when the bookie learns his ex-wife Leanne (Jane Danson) has rebooked her wedding to Nick, despite his managing to wreck their festive wedding over Christmas, and Ben admits the scenes left him in pain.
He said: ''Chris Gascoyne packs quite a punch!
''The reason for the fight is that Peter finds out from Leanne that she has re-booked the wedding -- so he starts winding Nick up about it.
''It really gets to Nick -- he could handle Peter the alcoholic, but he can't handle the new Peter.''
While Nick and Leanne are planning to marry again, Ben isn't sure how happy the future will be for the former childhood sweethearts, though he expects their turbulent romance to be long-lasting.
He told The Sun newspaper: ''They're doomed to stay together.
''It's like Ken and Deirdre -- they're together, but they each keep going off.
''That's the blueprint to how relationships work in soap.''
And one stumbling block for the couple could be Nick's recent one-night stand with sister-in-law Kylie (Paula Lane), as the fiesty brunette will later discover she is pregnant and unsure who the father of her baby is.
Ben said: ''None of the family are shy at coming forward so it will be very fiery.
''The family won't brush things under the carpet -- it could get messy.''
- Hetti Bywater: I panicked filming dead body scenes
- Peter Capaldi killed off in The Musketeers
- Jimi Mistry's wife helps him work out for Corrie
- Mario Falcone would quit TOWIE for Lucy Mecklenburgh
- Binky Felstead: 'I thought Alex Mytton was a loser'
- Natalie Cassidy for lesbian storyline
- Matt Smith will 'happily come back' to Doctor Who
- Amy Childs set to have breast implants removed