Jim Davidson out of Celebrity Big Brother
Jim Davidson will no longer take part in 'Celebrity Big Brother' after being arrested yesterday (02.01.13).
The former 'Big Break' host had flown into London's Heathrow airport from Dubai to appear on the Channel 5 reality TV show but was instead taken into police custody where he was quizzed on suspicion of sexual offences involving two women dating back 25 years.
The 59-year-old comedian was due to enter the 'Celebrity Big Brother' house tonight (03.01.13) with stars rumoured to include former 'EastEnders' actress Gillian Taylforth and jockey Frankie Dettori.
However, Jim will now be replaced after show bosses held discussions with him yesterday afternoon.
A Channel 5 source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''Everyone has agreed that it's for the best.''
After being arrested, several police officers were seen arriving at his £1 million home in Stockbridge, Hampshire, before leaving around 7pm with evidence bags.
Jim was freed on bail and his lawyer said he had not been charged.
In a statement yesterday, his solicitor Henri Brandman said: ''Two women have made allegations in respect of Jim that date back approximately 25 years.
''The complainants were then in their mid 20s. Jim vigorously denies the allegations.''
Jim is the 10th man to be questioned as part of the Jimmy Savile sex abuse inquiry although the allegations are not thought to be directly linked to the disgraced DJ.
Jimmy - who died in October 2011 - has been accused of a series of abuses against children during in his lifetime while hosting shows including 'Jim'll Fix It' and 'Top of the Pops'.03-01-2013
- Steven Ugoalah thinks he's going to be a millionaire
- Jess Wright dumps Ricky over flirty messages with other woman
- Neil Gaiman to write Doctor Who for Peter Capaldi?
- Gemma Merna for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here
- Sue Johnston wants more roles for women
- Lynda Bellingham 'would be thrilled' with best seller
- Claire Danes would make an 'abysmal' CIA agent
- Kara Tointon splits from Artem Chigvintsev