Tina Malone slams Splash
Tina Malone has branded 'Splash!' ''garbage'' and urged fans not to vote for her.
The 'Shameless' actress is one of the several celebrities competing on the ITV1 reality show - which sees Olympic hero Tom Daley teach the stars how to dive - but she has shockingly slammed the programme and insists she is only taking part for the appearance fee.
The 49-year-old star pulled no punches as she told radio listeners not to vote for her on the series, which kicked off on Saturday (05.01.13), because she would still earn her fee regardless of how well she does on the show.
Speaking on Liverpool's Juice FM radio station, she said: ''I'm an actor, not a celebrity. It's the big fat cheques that make me happy. That's why I've done 'Celebrity Come Dine with Me', 'Celebrity Four Weddings' - which I won - and 'Celebrity Big Brother', which I knew I'd only be in for 15 days.
''Unfortunately you have to do this garbage. Don't keep me in 'Splash!' I still get the same money if I do one heat or three heats, so don't vote for Tina Malone. Thank you!''
Tina continued to question signing up for the show and said she hopes her costume will be a ''tent''.
She added: ''Diving off a three-metre board into an 18ft pool is absolutely horrendous. I'm 50 years of age in two weeks. I haven't seen my final swimming costume yet - but I hope it's going to be a tent.''
'Splash!' was watched by 6.1 million viewers on Saturday when the first group of celebrities - including comedian Omid Djalili and Sugababes singer Jade Ewen - took to the diving board.
Jade crashed out of the show after achieving a low score of 18 out of 30.09-01-2013
- Anton Stephans: Nick Grimshaw's on my Christmas list
- Ben Haenow was 'locked' in Simon Cowell's basement
- Duncan Bannatyne's girlfriend slams Lady Colin Campbell
- Coronation Street: Tisha Merry wants to educate on revenge porn
- Prince Andrew's ex-girlfriend to join Celebrity Big Brother?
- Stephanie Davis for Celebrity Big Brother?
- Benedict Cumberbatch had Victorian Sherlock doubts
- Sir Michael Caine's age almost made him quit acting