Eddie Edwards wins first series of Splash!
Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards has won the first series of 'Splash!'
The former Olympic skier won the public vote last night (02.02.13) on the celebrity diving show which featured fellow Olympian Tom Daley as a mentor.
The final of the show saw judges Andy Banks, Jo Brand and Leon Taylor each give the 49-year-old sportsman a perfect 10 for a combined score of 30.
Leon, a former diving Olympian, said: ''You're not only pushing the boundaries, but you're smashing them.''
'Benidorm' star Jake Canuso was the first runner-up, whose grand total of 55.5 points was only 3.5 behind the winner.
Meanwhile, TV decorator Linda Barker came close with a score of 54, overcoming nerves after a mistake in practice left her bruised.
Before her solo dive, the bikini-clad presenter said: ''I need to be brave if I want to win it. If it doesn't go well in the final then it'll be heartbreaking.''
It was recently announced the show will be returning for a second series, which will be filmed at the iconic Aquatics Centre at the Olympic Park in Stratford, East London - which was created for the London 2012 Olympic Games - and Tom Daley will return in his role as mentor.03-02-2013
- Solomon Akhtar relieved to be fired from The Apprentice
- Alesha Dixon dreams of emulating Oprah Winfrey
- Jim Davidson: I was 'depressed' in CBB
- Frankie Bridge: I don't feel like I've 'mastered' dancing
- Carl Fogarty: I'm too 'laid back' for showbusinesses
- Ben Hardy thinks he know who killed Lucy Beale
- Mark Wright: Strictly Come Dancing is tiring
- X Factor winner Ben Haenow wants to front a rock band