Zoe Tapper confirms Mr. Selfridge exit
Zoe Tapper will not return to 'Mr. Selfridge'.
The actress has confirmed her character, showgirl-turned-serious actress Ellen Love, will not appear in the second series of the TV drama, following the season one finale on Sunday (10.03.13).
She tweeted: ''This is me bidding Ellen Love a fond farewell. It was a blast.
''No not back for series 2. Ellen was only ever a one series gal x. (sic)''
Zoe paid a visit to Selfridges yesterday (11.03.13), the iconic London department store where the drama is set, and admitted it felt strange to be at the location.
She tweeted:''Feels a bit odd walking through @Selfridges today. Not sure if I should be here....(sic)''
Zoe's character was a love interest for Jeremy Piven's alter ego Harry Selfridge throughout the first series. However, after he spurned her advances, Ellen - who suffered a breakdown and attempted suicide after their affair ended - got her revenge in the finale by taking part in a theatre production that mocked the US businessman.
'Mr. Selfridge' will return to ITV in 2014, with the story moved forward to 1914 and the lead-up to World War 1.12-03-2013
- Danniella Westbrook to remarry 'by the end of the year'
- Ola Jordan blasts skimpy Strictly costumes
- Coronation Street's Steve McDonald's cancer scare
- Caroline Flack confirmed for Strictly Come Dancing
- Lauren Goodger likes controlling men
- Peter Andre won't do Celebrity Big Brother
- Sarah-Jane Crawford reveals Caroline Flack's Strictly secret
- Kelly Brook laughs off Chanelle Hayes' warnings