Only Fools And Horses set for Sport Relief return
Sir David Jason and Nicholas Lyndhurst will return for an 'Only Fools And Horses' sketch for 'Sport Relief'.
The two stars will be back on the small screen in their roles as Del Boy and Rodney Trotter for the first time in over ten years as part of the biannual charity telecast.
In a statement, BBC confirmed: ''There are plans afoot for a short 'Only Fools and Horses' sketch for 'Sport Relief'.
''Further details will be announced in the build up to the appeal night on March 21.''
The sketch will be the show's first original appearance since its 2003 Christmas special 'Sleepless In Peckham', which marked the end of its run after debuting in 1981.
David spoke last month about the script, which will focus on Del Boy's 65th birthday and admitted he hadn't had a full read-through yet with ''no distractions''.
He recently said: ''I've had a quick look at the treatment and it's very good.
''But I'm saving the proper read-through till there are no distractions.''
A source told The Sun newspaper that the episode would be a fitting tribute ''to the past'' while providing an exciting update to the characters.
The insider added: ''There will be references to the past but the story brings Del and the family bang up to date.
''He's an OAP now but the old dog has lots of new tricks.''04-01-2014
- Steven Ugoalah thinks he's going to be a millionaire
- Jess Wright dumps Ricky over flirty messages with other woman
- Neil Gaiman to write Doctor Who for Peter Capaldi?
- Gemma Merna for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here
- Sue Johnston wants more roles for women
- Lynda Bellingham 'would be thrilled' with best seller
- Claire Danes would make an 'abysmal' CIA agent
- Kara Tointon splits from Artem Chigvintsev