Salma Hayek wants Downton Abbey role
Salma Hayek wants to star in 'Downton Abbey'.
The 47-year-old actress and her husband François-Henri Pinault are moving to London in the near future and she's admitted that she'd love to be offered a role in the ITV period drama.
Speaking about the upcoming move she said: ''The English are so spirited but so repressed. It's so bizarre. But I love 'Downton Abbey'. I would kill for a role.''
The Hispanic actress - who played Sofia Reyes in 'Ugly Betty' - admits, however that she'd look slightly out of place on the programme.
She added: ''What's a Mexican going to do in 'Downton Abbey'? I would have to play deaf and dumb.''
The 'Once Upon a Time in Mexico' star also claimed that while it's her husband - who owns luxury designer brands Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent - that has decided to make the move from Paris to London, she supports the choice.
She told The Times magazine: ''François thinks London is very cosmopolitan. I think it will be good for my career too.''
The couple recently bought a house in west London and are now looking for a school for their six-year-old daughter, Valentina, but Salma thinks she's going to struggle with the bad weather.
She said: ''Finding the house has been so stressful. I'm a bit nervous about the weather. I'm going to install light bulbs at home so I can have sunshine all the time.''02-03-2014
- Jason Derulo for The Voice UK?
- 'Dull' Ricky Rayment and Jasmin Walia axed from TOWIE
- Simon Cowell can bring British wrestling back to TV
- Coronation Street stars furious with pantomime ban?
- Casey Batchelor attempted suicide at 15
- Big Brother Reveals Shock Eviction Twist
- Dapper Laughs comic for Celebrity Big Brother
- Jake Wood quits EastEnders