Demi Lovato praises 'sister' Selena
Demi Lovato has praised Selena Gomez for standing by her and says the pair are as close as 'sisters'.
The Disney stars have been close pals since meeting at an audition for children's TV show Barney and Friends and Demi - who entered rehab last November for three months - revealed Selena kept in constant touch throughout her treatment.
She said: 'I think I was out of tears at that point [Selena] called me and she was crying, she was like, 'Hello.' I'm like, 'Why are you crying? I'm the one in treatment - like, I should be crying'.
'She's like, 'Are they treating you OK?' I was like, 'Yeah, they're treating me great.'
'She's definitely one of my closest friends and no matter what, we'll always be close as sisters.
'We met 12 years ago, that's more than half of my life.'
Demi was treated for an eating disorder and admitted at the height of her illness, she was making herself sick up to five times a day.
She told Access Hollywood: 'I think at the worst it was a little more than that. I was just so sick. I thought that orange juice was going to make me fat.
'I feel amazing. I feel really happy and healthy. Life is beautiful and I can't complain.'13-10-2011
- Heidi Klum is finished with marriage fairytale - 20 May 2013
- Demi Lovato is having tonsils removed - 20 May 2013
- Miley Cyrus inspired by fans on new song - 20 May 2013
- Chibnall isn't nervous about Broadchurch follow-up - 20 May 2013
- Mock The Week set for 12th series - 20 May 2013
- Beth Tweddle recognised for DOI than Olympics - 20 May 2013
- Mary J. Blige faces $3.4 million tax bill - 20 May 2013
- Dwayne Johnson: Swollen penis was 'fun pain' - 20 May 2013