Robin eager to leave hospital
Robin Gibb's wife Dwina says the singer is eager to leave hospital following his near-death battle with pneumonia.
The 62-year-old Bee Gees star stunned doctors by waking up from a coma over the weekend after being given just a 10 per cent chance of survival, and is already laughing and demanding ice cream according to his elated wife.
She said: ''He is really happy. He just wants to get out.
''He has been very naughty because he pulled his feeding tube out so the nurses will have to put it back in again but he wants ice cream ... he wants all kinds of things. It's good anyway.''
Robin - who achieved remission from colon and liver cancer last month - woke after being ''bombarded'' with music by friends and family, including his Bee Gee brother Barry.
But despite being unconscious, Dwina believes he heard everything because upon waking, he declined to listen to any more songs.
Dwina told ITV News: ''We played music to him for about 10 days so we asked him if he wanted to listen to any more music and he said no - we've bombarded him with music. It was very interesting.''
The teetotal vegan's health battle started 18-months ago when he was diagnosed with cancer after being rushed to hospital with abdominal pain.
- Billie Faiers' stroppy teenage years - 23 May 2013
- Amelia to keep X Factor audition shoes forever - 23 May 2013
- Made in Brixton gets green light - 23 May 2013
- JLS and Beach Boys to headline A Day at the Park - 23 May 2013
- Rochelle's baby is 'absolutely beautiful' - 23 May 2013
- Khloe Kardashian feels happy with new body - 23 May 2013
- Twilight leads 2013 Teen Choice Award nominations - 23 May 2013
- X Factor musical to be called I Can't Sing! - 23 May 2013