Taylor Swift honours killed soldier
Taylor Swift will wear the dog tags of a Marine killed in Afghanistan in her next music video.
The 'Love Story' singer decided to honour US soldier Sergeant Wade Wilson - who was killed in action this month - after his friend sent her video message about the country music fan.
Colleague Corporal Josh Marreel moved Taylor to publicly acknowledge the 22-year-old who was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment at Camp Pendleton.
He said in the clip uploaded on May 15: ''This is a shout out to the one and only Taylor Swift. I know you have no idea who I am, but this video isn't about me. This is about my good buddy, Sergeant Wade D. Wilson, who was killed in action Friday, May 11, 2012 in Afghanistan. Anybody that knew Willy knew that he worshipped you. He even slept with a poster of you in between our beds in Afghanistan. This guy was my best friend. I know a lot of people get on here and ask celebrities to go to dances with them ... All I'm asking is for you to think about him.''
After sending them flowers, Taylor spoke to Wade's family on the phone informing them that she wanted to wear his tags in the video to accompany her next single.
She also sent a note which read: ''Wade, thank you for loving my music. I won't forget it, and I will never forget you. All my love, Taylor Swift.''22-05-2012
- Jessica Simpson to sell mansion for $8m - 24 May 2013
- Sarandon didn't expect to split from Robbins - 24 May 2013
- Gary Lineker's brother Wayne joins TOWIE - 24 May 2013
- Helen Flanagan admits 'shoplifting' - 24 May 2013
- Jack P. Shepherd and fiancée expecting child - 24 May 2013
- Marvin Humes introduces daughter to the world - 24 May 2013
- Katy Perry spends $11.2m on two Hollywood homes - 24 May 2013
- Big Brother plans 'summer of hell' - 24 May 2013