Katy Perry: I've got a second chance at life
Katy Perry thinks her split from Russell Brand has given her a ''second chance at life''.
The 'Wide Awake' singer - whose 14-month marriage to the comedian ended in December 2011 - has had a new lease of life since they parted ways and she has no regrets about the past.
Speaking on UK TV show 'Daybreak', Katy - who is seen in her new documentary film 'Katy Perry: Part Of Me 3D' breaking down in tears because of the split - said: ''I am totally cool, yeah. I'm just excited. I do have a second chance at life and, also, I already have a brilliant life and I sometimes need to just remind myself.
''Everything is a lesson learned. Everybody asks me if there are any regrets: no, this is a very valuable lesson. You have to live life in order to achieve those lessons. It was important to me to show the real honest side of me (in the film).''
Katy is now dating Florence + The Machine guitarist Robert Ackroyd, but her failed marriage has taught her to think about love in a more realistic way and she doesn't now expect a fairytale ending.
The 27-year-old singer - who attended the UK premiere of her movie in London on Tuesday night (03.07.12) - explained: ''If you lived life without love you wouldn't be living. I feel like to shut that out of my life just because I've had an interesting experience it would be very unfortunate.
''My fairytale has altered, I don't necessarily need the Prince Charming in order to have the happy ending, I can have the happy ending for myself at this point in time.''04-07-2012
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013