Nick Grimshaw to host Radio 1 morning show
Nick Grimshaw has been confirmed as the new BBC Radio 1 'Breakfast Show' host.
The 'T4' presenter will replace Chris Moyles - who has announced he will step down in September after eight years working the morning shift - having worked on various shows for Radio 1 shows since 2005.
Ben Cooper, controller of BBC Radio 1, said: ''I'm delighted to say Nick Grimshaw is the new host. He's got a passion for music and a great sense of humour.''
He also thanked Chris for his work on the show, which he began in January 2004, saying: ''I'd like to thank Chris. Quite simply, he has been the most successful breakfast show host in Radio 1's history. For the past eight and a half years he has been entertaining millions of listeners every morning, which is testament to his incredible talent as a broadcaster.''
In 2009 Chris - who is due to star as King Herod in a touring production of 'Jesus Christ Superstar' later this year - became the longest serving breakfast show host in Radio 1 history.11-07-2012
- Harry Styles has famous admirers - 21 May 2013
- Peter Andre wants Home and Away role - 21 May 2013
- Ollie Locke's gay push - 21 May 2013
- Coleen Rooney gives birth - 21 May 2013
- Cara turns down DiCaprio - 21 May 2013
- George Michael fell out of car - 21 May 2013
- Peter Andre hunting for two homes - 21 May 2013
- Michael Douglas: Sex scenes are judged - 21 May 2013