Halle gets support from Salma
Halle Berry's court bid to move to France has been backed by Salma Hayek.
The 46-year-old actress wants to move to Europe with her fiance Olivier Martinez and daughter Nahla, four, in order to escape paparazzi attention and her lawyers filed a declaration from her friend - who spends a lot of time in the country with her French husband François-Henri Pinault and four-year-old daughter Valentina - to support her bid during a court hearing today (16.08.12).
According to gossip website TMZ, Salma's declaration states that she knows firsthand that France is a much safer place for a celebrity because of tougher paparazzi laws.
Halle's desire to move to France is opposed by Nahla's father, her former partner, Gabriel Aubry and the hearing today was the latest in a string of legal wranglings over the little girl.
The 'Dark Tide' actress has previously spoken about relocating to France because of the country's laws which will protect her offspring from prying eyes.
She said: ''Laws that protect children, protect right to privacy. All I want is for my family and myself to have a normal life. When I'm not at work, that's very important to me.''
The hearing is still on-going.16-08-2012
- Jennifer Lopez can be 'militant' - 21 May 2013
- Kristen Stewart being supported by Taylor Swift - 21 May 2013
- Melissa McCarthy fires extra for mistreating child - 21 May 2013
- Chris Brown being comforted by new puppy - 21 May 2013
- Brandi Glanville hits out at Eddie Cibrian - 21 May 2013
- Madonna gave Kim Kardashian iconic bracelets - 21 May 2013
- Brad Pitt can't keep his hands off Angelina Jolie - 21 May 2013
- Brad Pitt cried over letter to Angelina - 21 May 2013