Shirley MacLaine sad to say goodbye to Downton
Shirley MacLaine had a ''tiny tear in her eye'' when she left 'Downton Abbey'.
The American actress - who plays the role of the Countess of Grantham's mother in the ITV series - did not struggle settling into her new role alongside an established cast and was sad to say goodbye at the end of filming, her co-star Lesley Nicol revealed.
Lesley, better known to audiences as Mrs. Patmore, said: ''Whoever you are, coming into a show that's already established, it is quite hard - I don't care who you are! Unless your ego is massive.
''A friend of mine did a few episodes of 'Friends', Helen Baxendale, and that was for a minute, you're the newcomer, it's a new set, I guess it would be similar on 'Downton'.
''But she's still a human being and we all get frightened sometimes. Anybody, but she obviously wasn't that frightened and had a very nice time. There was a tiny tear in her eye, somebody told me, when she left.''
Discussing the forthcoming third series, Lesley joked it could be renamed 'Downsize Abbey' because of problems with financing at the fictional house.
She added: ''There might be some ructions, they might have to downsize. 'Downsize Abbey'! There are money problems which cause problems for how the house is run.''
- Rochelle's baby is 'absolutely beautiful' - 23 May 2013
- Khloe Kardashian feels happy with new body - 23 May 2013
- Twilight leads 2013 Teen Choice Award nominations - 23 May 2013
- X Factor musical to be called I Can't Sing! - 23 May 2013
- David Threlfall to play Tommy Cooper - 23 May 2013
- Brand spotted kissing Sheridan - 23 May 2013
- Seyfried felt more attractive with 'huge breasts' - 23 May 2013
- Mick Jagger to camp at Glastonbury - 23 May 2013