Britney Spears competent to testify in court?
Britney Spears' alleged former manager wants her to testify in court.
The popstar's family were hit with a lawsuit by Sam Lutfi in 2009, who claimed they defamed him and didn't pay him for his services and while Britney's representatives have said she is not mentally competent to testify, Sam believes her ''articulate'' appearances on 'X Factor' prove she is.
According to gossip website TMZ, in new papers filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Thursday (30.08.12), Sam - who Britney has denied ever managed her - revealed he wants to question her about alleged statements made by her parents claiming he drugged her and cut her phone wires.
He has included a DVD of promos featuring Britney on 'The X Factor' in order to prove she is mentally competent and can appear at the trial.
A hearing is scheduled for September 25.
Recently, Britney - whose legal and personal affairs have been in the hands of her father Jamie Spears and attorney Andrew Wallet since her breakdown in 2008 - had a meeting with the judge in charge of her conservatorship and asked for it to end.
A source said: ''Britney told Judge Reva Goetz in her chambers with her court appointed attorney, Sam Ingham present, that she is ready for the conservatorship to end.
''Britney said she doesn't understand why it's still in place and expressed her belief that she has got to be the only person under a conservatorship that has managed to land a $15 million work contract [on 'The X Factor'].''01-09-2012
- EastEnders' Lauren Branning to be arrested - 22 May 2013
- Starlings series two to air in July - 22 May 2013
- Amelia Lily: Sharon's X Factor return is 'genius' - 22 May 2013
- Geri Halliwell has no Viva regrets - 22 May 2013
- Drew Barrymore selling Californian mansion - 22 May 2013
- Ke$ha slammed for drinking urine - 22 May 2013
- Kim's pregnancy lips are 'outta control' - 22 May 2013
- Emmerdale star Richard Thorp dies - 22 May 2013