Salma Hayek: 'I'm a pushy mother'
Salma Hayek can be a pushy mother.
The 'Savages' actress used to think she was a ''laid back'' mum until she had a party for her daughter Valentina - who turned five today (21.09.12) - and found she was pushing through crowds of children to make sure her little girl had a candy.
She said: ''I make an effort to be laid back and often I want to giver her space, and then I catch myself doing things. In Paris I had a birthday party with a piñata with kids, who were Mexican, they were boys and they were older.
''She was really concerned she wouldn't be able to take a candy when the piñata broke. I said, 'Don't worry'. When the piñata broke, she couldn't get in, I was pushing them, trying to get in. And then I caught myself and I thought, 'I've turned into one of those mothers!' I moved away. I think I'm a bit of both. I think we all are.''
Despite Valentina being the daughter of an Oscar-nominated actress and a billionaire father - French fashion mogul Francois Henri Pinault - Salma thinks her offspring wants to become a gymnast because of the London Olympics.
Speaking on UK TV show 'Lorraine', she said: ''She's into the gymnastics because of the Olympics. It's amazing how she points her toes, like a little bird or something. She's doing it every day.''21-09-2012
- Seth MacFarlane turns down 2014 Oscars - 20 May 2013
- Brooke Mueller's drug abuse under investigation - 20 May 2013
- Khloe Kardashian slams Kim pregnancy body critics - 20 May 2013
- Selena Gomez isn't ready for marriage - 20 May 2013
- Kristen and Robert have grown apart - 20 May 2013
- Justin helps co-stars' Cannes experience - 20 May 2013
- Heidi Klum is finished with marriage fairytale - 20 May 2013
- Demi Lovato is having tonsils removed - 20 May 2013