Ricki Lake doesn't want to be skinny
Ricki Lake doesn't want to be skinny anymore.
While the TV chat show host has battled with her weight for years, she says getting to 120lbs during her time as a contestant on 'Dancing With The Stars' didn't make her happy and she is glad she has put back on some of the pounds she shed during training for the celebrity dance contest last year.
She said: ''During 'DWTS' I was dancing seven hours a day. Now I'm not. When I was 120 I wasn't healthy. I didn't feel great.''
Another reason Ricki is so happy with her body these days is her new husband Christian Evans - who she married in April - has helped her become more confident.
She explained: ''I went on my honeymoon and got healthy. My husband loves me and tells me I'm beautiful no matter what size I am.''
Ricki, 43, has long battled with her weight, reaching 260lbs when she was 22, and later said childhood abuse contributed to her problems.
When she was 24, she shed over 100lbs but admitted it wasn't a healthy weight loss.
She has previously said: ''That was not healthy. I was starving myself. I was fainting. It worked, it was effective, but it wasn't the healthiest way to do it.''22-09-2012
- Paris Hilton becomes swatting victim again - 19 May 2013
- Chris Brown receives death threats - 19 May 2013
- Kristen Stewart leaning on friends after split - 19 May 2013
- Bonnie upbeat despite Eurovision disappointment - 19 May 2013
- Justin not in rush for kids - 19 May 2013
- Ozzy in UK move to save marriage to Sharon - 19 May 2013
- Rod Stewart's advice to daughters - 19 May 2013
- Corrie enjoys triumphant British Soap Awards - 19 May 2013