Nicole Kidman shocked by Tom Cruise split
Nicole Kidman claims her marriage to Tom Cruise was ''perfect'' before their split.
The 'Grace of Monaco' star has revealed their divorce in 2001 after 10 years of marriage was a complete ''shock'' to her system and it took her a long time to get over it but her current husband of six years Keith Urban has made her feel ''secure'' again.
She told DuJour magazine: ''I fell madly, passionately in love I was reeling with Tom. I would have gone to the ends of the earth for him.''
On reflection, 'The Others' actress admits she ''was so impulsive and naive'' during her relationship with Tom but at the time she felt: ''We were in a bubble, just the two of us. We became very dependent on one another. Our life together was perfect.
''It took me a very long time to heal. It was a shock to my system.''
But the 45-year-old Oscar winner said she never gave up on the idea of finding love again and credits her ''wonderful, caring'' rocker husband Keith Urban for changing her life for the better.
The Australian mother-of-four - who shares two biological daughters Sunday Rose, 4, and 23-month-old Faith Margaret with the New Zealand born 'American Idol' judge, and is also a mother to Isabella, 19 and Conor, 17, whom she adopted with Tom - revealed that giving birth to her first child marked a turning point in her life.
She said: ''It took me so long to have a child. I feel enormous gratitude. Sunday has healed an enormous amount in me. It's a very private thing, but she just has.''
Meanwhile, Tom, 50, is rumoured to be preparing to spend Thanksgiving next week with his six-year-old daughter Suri and ex-wife Katie Holmes, whom he split from in June after six years of marriage.13-11-2012
- Paris Hilton becomes swatting victim again - 19 May 2013
- Chris Brown receives death threats - 19 May 2013
- Kristen Stewart leaning on friends after split - 19 May 2013
- Bonnie upbeat despite Eurovision disappointment - 19 May 2013
- Justin not in rush for kids - 19 May 2013
- Ozzy in UK move to save marriage to Sharon - 19 May 2013
- Rod Stewart's advice to daughters - 19 May 2013
- Corrie enjoys triumphant British Soap Awards - 19 May 2013