Ariel Winter to remain under sister's care for now
Ariel Winter will remain under her sister's care for now.
The 'Modern Family' actress - who was removed from her mother Chrisoula Workman's care last month amid allegations of emotional and physical abuse - will continue to stay with her sister Shanelle Gray, 34, after Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Levanas decided to extend her temporary guardianship during a hearing yesterday (19.11.12) until a full trial is scheduled.
During the hearing, Shanelle's attorney Michael Kretzner referred to the Department of Child and Family Services report, which concluded that the accusations of emotional abuse were ''substantiated'' but their investigation into allegations of physical abuse by the 14-year-old actress's mother was ''inconclusive''.
The judge denied a guardianship request by Ariel's father Glenn Workman, who claimed he could fully support himself and his daughter after originally stating in a declaration that he would not object to Ariel remaining with her older sister.
The judge said: ''I have found that Shanelle is capable of the temporary guardianship.''
Permanent custody will be decided at a later trial date.21-11-2012
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013