John Travolta healed car crash survivor
John Travolta believes he helped heal a car-crash survivor through Scientology.
The 'Savages' star - who is one of the controversial religion's most high profile followers along with Tom Cruise and Kirstie Alley - reportedly claims he prevented a man from suffering severe pain after injuring his ankle in a car crash by using a Scientology procedure called ''an assist''.
According to gossip website Celebuzz.com, the 58-year-old actor told the new issue of the sect's Celebrity Magazine: ''I was in Shanghai recently at a work event and the Master of Ceremonies' best friend had recently gotten into a car wreck. He had broken his ankle and was in constant pain. I asked him permission to do some Scientology assists and he said, 'Okay, sure'.
''People were standing around watching as I did them. You could actually see him confronting the pain and after a while he looked up at me and said, 'I feel better,' so I said 'Okay, end of assist.' He had gotten noticeably better and I was chomping at the bit for more.''
A source at the Church of Scientology Celebrity Centre in Los Angeles told E! News that the Golden Globe winner - who is married to Kelly Preston - wasn't claiming to have cured the man in the interview but believes that the particular religious procedure helps the body to naturally heal much quicker than it would otherwise.01-12-2012
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013