Salma Hayek: 'Motherhood is a challenge'
Salma Hayek says motherhood is a challenge.
The 'Savages' actress has a five-year-old daughter Valentina with husband Francois-Henri Pinault and while she loves being a mother, Salma, 46, admits it can be difficult.
She told Mexican newspaper El Universal: ''When you become a mum and are responsible for someone else's welfare, everything is about being the best mum and that's a huge challenge on a daily basis. Because when you believe that you already know how to handle them, they become different. They change and evolve constantly but still depend on you. Sometimes you can't even go to the toilet alone because they are always after you. It is a massive challenge, and not easy at all, but it is also the most beautiful goal of a lifetime.''
Salma also revealed she always had big dreams for herself but her success has even surprised her.
She added: ''When I was a little kid, I used to dream big about my future. I even thought they were unrealistic but I loved to picture myself reaching the top. Sometimes people laughed at me and mocked me because of my imagination, but in the end I think I even went further than what I expected.''
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013