Firth makes sons wear patched up clothes
Colin Firth and his wife make their children wear ''hand-me-down'' clothes.
The 'King's Speech' actor and his wife Livia Giuggioli prefer to ''mend'' old garments for their sons Luca, 11, and nine-year-old Matteo rather than buy new items and are happy to accept clothes from friends.
Livia, who has her own ethical fashion collection Livia Firth Design, admitted: ''With my kids' clothes, we do a lot of hand-me-downs with friends. I mend.
''I know it's easier to throw away a sock with a hole and buy a new one than mend it, but I don't do that.''
The 43-year-old Italian film producer also revealed she and Colin, 52, and the boys enjoy relaxing ''pyjama weekends'' together where Luca and Matteo watch their mother sew together clothes and have some much needed downtime.
Livia - who regularly recycles clothes and other fabric items to create new usable garments and cushions - is quoted by The Sun newspaper as saying: ''The children aren't allowed to do any clubs. We don't do anything. We don't go away. The kids need to rest!''
The couple always try to live a green lifestyle and Colin has been known to wear environmentally-friendly suits on the red carpet.
Livia is an ardent green campaigner and is also an Oxfam ambassador.
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013