Helen Mirren receives Walk of Fame star
Dame Helen Mirren joked her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was ''good for the monarchy'' at a ceremony on Thursday (03.01.13).
The 67-year-old actress - who won an Academy award for her portrayal of Britain's Queen Elizabeth in 'The Queen' - joked about her plaque's positioning next to that of 'King's Speech' actor Colin Firth as she received the 2,488th star yesterday.
Helen - who was accompanied to the ceremony by husband Taylor Hackford and his two sons - said: ''I couldn't be prouder and more happy that I'm actually going to finally lie next to Colin Firth, something I've been wanting to do for a very long time!
''Well I'm very pleased and proud and I think it's very good for the British monarchy that here on Hollywood Boulevard, the king and the queen are going to actually sleep together, for the rest of history.''
Writer-and-director David Mamet introduced the 'Hitchcock' star to the crowd, heaping praise on her acting abilities.
He said: ''Helen's performances reap higher praise than being praised, they're loved.
''And by one who's had the absolute kick of working with her, I want to say as Rupert Brooke said, somewhere there will be a little piece of foreign ground that is always a bit of England, and that's right there.''04-01-2013
- Cilla Black wanted Holly to host Surprise Surprise - 21 Jun 2013
- Matt Smith thanks Doctor Who fans - 21 Jun 2013
- Ozzy Osbourne wants to renew vows with Sharon - 21 Jun 2013
- Autopsy to confirm Gandolfini had heart attack - 21 Jun 2013
- Louis Smith: I want to keep dancing - 21 Jun 2013
- Big Brother's Michael to reveal true identity - 21 Jun 2013
- Amanda Bynes: You have to look sexy - 21 Jun 2013
- Danny O'Donoghue slams The Voice bosses - 21 Jun 2013