Scarlett's lessons for Eddie
Scarlett Johansson turned Eddie Redmayne a film buff.
The blonde beauty left British star Eddie red-faced on the set of 'The Other Boleyn Girl' in 2008 when she discovered he had never seen the Cohen Brothers' cult movie 'The Big Lebowski' or any Woody Allen films, and made it her business to educate him in some of cinema's best classics.
Eddie said: ''I was doing the film the other Boleyn girl with Scarlett Johansson and she was like, 'You know that bit in 'The Big Lebowski'?' And I was like, 'I haven't seen the 'Big Lebowski'.' She's like, 'You haven't seen 'The Big Lebowski'? You know that bit in that Woody Allen film?' I was like, at what point do I lie and pretend that I've seen it? ''She's like, 'What have you seen?' And I was like, 'Well I started out in theatre...' ''So Scarlett accrued from all the guys working on that film a list of films that i should watch.''
Scarlett's persistence has paid off as Eddie is determined to do better with his film viewing.
He added to Britain's OK! magazine: ''I've slowly been working my way through.''
- Mila Kunis introduces Ashton Kutcher to parents - 21 May 2013
- Brad Pitt: My family are my best friends - 21 May 2013
- Lindsay Lohan sued for $5 million - 21 May 2013
- Cooper admits end of Hangover is 'bittersweet' - 21 May 2013
- Brian May slams 'vile' Voice - 21 May 2013
- Tulisa fighting to save relationship? - 21 May 2013
- Catherine Zeta-Jones completes bipolar treatment - 21 May 2013
- Dancing On Ice to end - 21 May 2013