'Gay gold-digger' Todd Grimshaw
Coronation Street's Todd Grimshaw will be branded a "gay gold-digger" on his return to the cobbles.
The sensitive hunk - who was the ITV1 soap's first openly gay character - will send shockwaves down the Street when he visits Weatherfield for the first time since 2007, when he attended the wedding of his brother Jason (Ryan Thomas) and ex-girlfriend Sarah-Louise Platt (Tina O'Brien).
However, Todd, played by Bruno Langley, won't be making a solo return to 'Coronation Street' and will have his new millionaire boyfriend Jools in tow.
After wreaking havoc among the cobbles when he cheated on Sarah-Lou with her brother Nick Tilsley - who was then played by Adam Rickitt - in 2003, Todd won't be welcomed back with open arms by Sarah's mouthy mum Gail McIntyre (Helen Worth).
She snipes at him: "I see you're a gay gold-digger now then."
According to the Daily Star newspaper, Todd's new beau will attract the unwanted attention of manipulative minx Rosie Webster (Helen Flanagan), who despite dating hunky Jason, will become particularly enamoured by wealthy Jools.
Rosie openly asks him: "Are you, like, all the way gay or do you like girls like me as well?"01-03-2011
- James Nesbitt is enjoying celibacy
- David Hasselhoff's five wives in new show
- Ricky Wilson: Flirting with Rita Ora is for show
- Prince Charles pays tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- Coronation Street's Helen Worth 'delighted' by Tina O'Brien return
- Chloe Sims felt 'suffocated' by Elliot Wright
- Thom Evans 'plans to launch acting career'
- Ben Haenow plans to propose