Russell Grant loses 10 stone for Strictly
Russell Grant has lost 10 stone ahead of taking part in 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
The stargazer is reportedly set to compete in the new season of the celebrity dance show and while previous contestants have praised the stringent exercise regime as a great way to lose weight, Russell has managed to slim down before the series even starts.
According to the Daily Star newspaper, Russell shed the pounds by taking up disco dancing after his weight recently ballooned to 25 stone.
Meanwhile, country music sensation Dolly Parton has revealed she will perform on the opening show of the new series of 'Strictly' on September 10 in her first UK TV performance in almost a decade.
She said: "My eyes are dancing, my heart is dancing and my feet are dancing all the way to the 'Strictly Come Dancing' season premiere where I will be singing 'Together You and I' from my 'Better Day' CD.
"So dust off your dancing shoes and join us."
Other celebrity contestants set to take part in this year's series - which will once again by hosted by Sir Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly - include 'The One Show' presenter Alex Jones, former 'EastEnders' star Anita Dobson and ex-footballer Robbie Savage.01-09-2011
- Len Goodman: Judges can't talk during dance-off
- Lauren Platt might miss The X Factor due to illness
- Jenna Coleman puts off 'Doctor Who' exit
- Louise Thompson jokes about having children
- Miranda Hart thought fame would 'justify' her existence
- Sammy Winward quits Emmerdale
- Peter Kay confirms Phoenix Nights stage show
- Dan Osborne hints at Jacqueline Jossa split