Bruno Tonioli backs Kara Tointon for Strictly panel
Bruno Tonioli wants Kara Tointon to replace Alesha Dixon on the 'Strictly Come Dancing' judging panel.
The 56-year-old judge is backing the former 'EastEnders' actress - who won the BBC One show alongside Artem Chingvintsev in 2010 - or ex 'Strictly' champion Jill Halfpenny to fill the shoes of Alesha after she quit the series to join the judging panel of ITV1's 'Britain's Got Talent'.
He said: "I think Kara would be very good as a replacement as she is a ¬champion and feisty. Jill Halfpenny would also be very good for the same reasons.
"I'm surprised Alesha quit, but that's the industry and I think she will be great on Britain's Got Talent. We'll carry on and we will come back bigger and better than ever.
"I don't think a decision will be made until June or July when we have regrouped."
However, Bruno - who is also joined on the judging panel by Len Goodman and Craig Revel Horwood - warned the job isn't as easy as it may look.
He told the Sunday Mirror newspaper: "Judging is not as easy as it seems. There is a funny idea that we all just sit there and then say whatever comes in to our minds.
"But you actually only have a very short space of time in which to make your point, make an -impression and try to make it entertaining. A lot of people fail at it."15-01-2012
- X Factor 2013 judging panel confirmed
- Al Murray planning Pub Landlord film
- Millie Mackintosh to quit Made in Chelsea?
- David Beckham wanted for Dancing on Ice
- Coronation Street to be rocked by race scandal
- Sarah Beeny wants Dolly Parton renovation
- Jennifer Lopez to guest perform on Britain's Got Talent
- Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian wanted for I'm A Celebrity